Monday, July 9, 2007

Discovery

Week 4: #8 and #9: Learned the meaning of RSS and set up a Blogline newsreader account with some 15 entries, including MERLIN. Began to facilitate the ability to podcast via Audacity. Located a YouTube tutorial for future exploration. In spite of having spent much wasted time alerting grandchildren to the dangers of MySpace, actually became tempted to join the ranks of social networking by ninging and and winking (who wouldn't want a Wink Widget all their own?). MEEZ was a little frustrating - it slowed me down considerably, as did the speaking faces.
Not sure if I have anything worth blogging about, but I found some fascinating sites which opened many new doors. One of my goals is to learn how to create a video that I can post on YouTube and maybe send to my grandson's MySpace site!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wouldn't it be cool if MySpace users included BCPL's MySpace site as a "friend" [assuming BCPL had a MySpace site]. BCPL could post video clips of programs which might look interesting to teenagers and then they might come into one of our "physical" libraries for the program and who knows what else?!