Thursday, August 2, 2007

DISCOVERIES: Week 7, Thing 16

Veni, Vidi, Wiki (or was it Vici) and explored with great interest the many uses and possibilities of Wikis (not to mention the plethora of imaginative names given to the tool - as another variation I offer up the word "stikiwiki" for consideration). Purist that I am (to put it politely), I was disappointed that I could not try my hand at editing the misspelling of "congreagation" in one of the entries because I didn't have the necessary password and couldn't take the time to get one. But that was my only disappointment. The possibilities seem endless. Princeton's Book Lovers Wiki was amazing as was St. Joe's Subject Guides. There's all kinds of potential for the creation of community wikis and great repositories for collecting customer testimonials, not to mention idea sharing. Of particular interest to me are the possibilities for collaborative editing of things like brochures. Some of the examples on MERLIN such as You Send It invite further exploration. Right now I want to play in the Sandbox.

No comments: